Tuesday, 19 June 2012

DC Comics Villain



After last weeks awesome Marvel battle how are the Super Six going to to top that! Well with another set of Heroes and Villains of course and this week it is the turn of the DC Characters, DC comics is the largest producer of Comics and has hundreds of Heroes and Villains in it's repertoire, so what to choose or whom indeed , well one of my favorite actresses played this villain magnificently in the 1997 film Batman and Robin! Let me apologize for my nubbies I had an accident and lost one of them below the nail line which is soreish so they are not looking their best!




Have you guessed yet? Of course it's Poison Ivy.  Poison Ivy is depicted as one of the world's most prominent eco-terrorists. She is obsessed with plants, botany, and environmentalism. She uses toxins from plants and mind controlling pheromones for her criminal activities, which are usually aimed at protecting the natural environment.Sounds like a hero to me ;)


For my mani I wanted to recreate her fabulous gloves, while doing a bit of research I came across Nihrida who had the original idea for this mani check them out they are awesome!



For this Mani I used:
Base Colour: China Glaze , Cha Cha.
Sponging Colour: China Glaze, Grape Juice.
Tips: Bettina, Velvet.
Stamping plate: Cheeky 29.
Stamping Polish Barry M , Gold Foil.



to start with I used China Glaze, ChaCha , I applied two coats to acheive opaque, then I sponged on China Glaze, Grape Juice just to the Half moon line , then finally I sponged Bettina, Velvet on the tips.



On my thumb I stamped lips to dipict Ivy's as Ivy's first kiss was poison, the second its antidote. I used Cheeky plate 29 and Barry M, Gold Foil.



I hope you liked my DC Comics Villains mani  as much as I do, now go and check out the other Super Six mani's and come back on Thursday to see who will be putting Weed killer on Ivy!

 Sammy @ Nailasaurus
Debbie @ the crumpet
Sarah @ Spellbinding Nails
Jo @ NorthernNails
Charlotte @ Charlottes Nails
Kerrie @ PishPosh and Polish


Thanks for coming by and reading Have a Great Day


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...