Sunday, 3 June 2012

Guest Post : A Girl and Her Polish

 Hello all! I have the wonderful Katee from A Girl and Her Polish on my blog today what a coup! I was so excited when she agreed to do the post for me as I wasn't at all sure what she would come up with, what I was sure of it would be absolutely lovely and Guess what? I was right! So over to Katee!

 Hello you fabulous readers this is A Girl and Her Polish!! I am so excited to do a guest post for Northern Nails!!!  This is actually the first guest post that I have ever done, so of course I wanted it to be something really special!

I have recently been very excited about Dry/Drag Marble because I have finally master the art of this technique.  The first time I did it...just awful! Now I see all the possibilities this technique offers as a design feature.  The best part is that it actually isn't that difficult, once you learn to not use polish that dries so fast!
If you follow my blog, you know that I typically show all the steps involved in a design, however it is really difficult to do this with Dry/Drag Marble.  You have to do one nail at a time because you don't want the polish to dry.  If it dries you end up with an ugly blob on your nails. :(
What You Do Without Pictures:
1. Apply 2 coats of your base polish to your nail.
2. Using your second, third, even fourth color, add small drops to your nail in various areas.
3. With a sewing needle, I shoved one into a retractable eraser to make it easier to use, swirl your colors around on your finger.
4. Repeat steps on the rest of your nails.
5. Apply your favorite top coat.
REMEMBER - You have to do one nail at a time for best results.  Once the polish starts dry its all downhill!
For this mani I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui, Zoya Pippa and 2 coats of butterLONDON Hardware.  To add a pop to the design I applied 1 coat of AquaDaisy's Kesha's Floor Sweepings to my ring finger, which happens to be, in my opinion, the most awesome glitter coat EVER!!  This sparkle in this glitter is like nothing I have ever seen!  It is so bright and sparkly that it reflects onto my other fingers!!!
Here is the end result:

Thank you Northern Nails for the opportunity to Guest Post and share a design with your readers!

 I told you , that you wouldn't be disappointed,  I love Katee's freshness that she brings to a mani and the way she explains how to achieve the desired look, this is stunning and can't wait to try it out when I get back! Thankyou again for agreeing to be here and you all must go now and check out her blog, Go on what you still here for  lol :D

Thanks for Reading and Have a Great Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...