Thursday, 14 June 2012

Marvel Superhero Challenge


 Now it's time to kick the Green Goblins butt, normally about now Peter Parkers alter ego would be swinging in to save the day but I thought he may be a popular choice and he isn't my favourite Marvel Character (tsk) I hear you say!
My favourite Marvel character is one of the X-Men although a reluctant member of the team he comes good in the end and I think its his bass ass streak that drew me too the character. And when I saw who they cast for the character I couldn't wait to see the film!




So did you guess who it was , for those who didn't it is Wolverine, I thought I would give the freehand a bit of a try with this one and didn't use a bit of tape only a paintbrush, polish and stripers!


I really like how this turned out and I think I got the colours pretty much perfect, although maybe a I should have let the black dry on my thumb!
For this mani I used:
Base Colour: Avon, Sunshine
Stripes: Bettina, Peppermint
Thumb art: red and Black stripers


First i applied Avon yellow to all my nails it took 3 coats to achieve opaque, then with a paintbrush I painted zigzags with Bettina, Peppermint and on my thumb just stripes at either side and on my ring finger I did an upside down half moon.

On my thumb I used the Red striper to put a dot then the Black striper to add the belt detail and the X, just wish I waited a bit for it too dry as  when I applied the top coat it dragged the black , live and learn they say!


Finally on my ring finger I painted some claws to finish my Wolverine nails, I think these would defiantly save us all from the Green Goblin.What do you think? Whom would you have pitted against the Green Goblin?



If you liked my Marvel Hero nails check out the rest of the super Six Marvel hero mani's out!

 Sammy @ Nailasaurus
Debbie @ the crumpet
Sarah @ Spellbinding Nails
Jo @ NorthernNails
Charlotte @ Charlottes Nails
Kerrie @ PishPosh and Polish


May the Polish be with you!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...