Wednesday, 1 August 2012

London Baby!

Well London is calling me and mine this week , we are away for a week Camping! If you have heard of TOWIE we are near there and I may have to check out Amy Child's Nail Salon. I am hopefully going to meet up with fellow nail blogger and Friend that I have gotten to know on Twitter, the Funny and Sassy Esther from Fabulous FingerTips. While away we will be going to watch the Live show that is Rock of Ages! and we will be having a day out at Thorpe Park, so hopefully I will be coming home with some great pictures and fun stories, I almost forgot we will catching a glimpse of the games on the big screens in Hyde Park too! So without further ado I give you the nails I will be wearing for my trip away ,I am no Van Gogh when it comes to freehand but I am so proud of these ones, hope you like them too!


I give you my Union Jack Flag Mani!
For this mani I used:
Base: Models Own, Snow White.
No17 Best of British nails Art Kit, Midnight Sapphire,KnockOut Red and Mini Skirt.
Barry M, Blue and Red Glitter.


First of all I painted my nails with Models Own, Snow White, this is a lovely white , not at all streaky and is opaque after two coats, I have yet to try this white as a stamper. Have you used it yet is it a good white stamper!



For this flag I didn't just want individual Union Jacks I wanted it to span out across my nails, I think I did a good job of it although my lines are definatley not the straightest. I applied the red first using Knockout Red Striper brush from the No 7 Nail Art set.


Next I used the Midnight Blue striper to apply some very shady looking triangles on the flag, this is very deep blue makes for a lovely art brush too.


Like I said previously I am not too good at freehand so when I overshot the red or the blue I used the White Mini Skirt striper nail brush to touch up my mistakes.



I used the same polishes and technique I used for the larger Union Jack, but on a smaller scale and I think the thumb approves! And finally just to add a bit of Bling to it I brushed some Barry M, Red and Blue Glitter over the Red and Blue , just see it shine. I hope you have enjoyed my Union Jack Nails, have you tried to do these if so let me know in the comments section and here is another pic just because!


Before I go here is a pic of my nosy cat Boo wanting in on the action too!


I want to wish Team GB all the best in the Olympics and heres to tons of Gold!

                                                         Thanks for stopping by and reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...