Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Mac Double bill!

Today I have a Mac double bill for you, I decided to do a bit of nail art on all my fingers using the only Mac polishes I own, Formidable and Midnight Tryst these are both very special polishes on their own, but because of the short stubbiness of my nails I decided to break with convention and have a bit fun and do something different on each of the nails using just the two of them and some tape and embellishments. So here they are!



For this mani I used:
MAC -  Formidable and Midnight Tryst
Dazzlings from Viva La Nails
Purple rhinestones.


Starting with my index finger I applied two coats of Midnight tryst, this is a lovely gunmetal metallic polish , although you do need to be careful of brush marks or apply tons of topcoat.


Next I applied two coats of Formidable to the rest of my fingers but my pinky is the only one you can see its beauty, this is a lovely polish and I have worn this a few times just as it is. This is originally from the Venomous Villains Collection but has now made it into the permanent collection. Formidable has a deep plum base jammed packed full of teal glitter, it is stunning.


 On my middle finger I applied stripping tape and painted over with the Midnight Tryst, this gives the criss-cross pattern, but unfortunately I missed a little bit , this may give it some character. Next I got a bit of sponge and sponged formidable to the tip of my thumb.


And finally I applied some dazzlings using topcoat to adhere them then applied some purple rhinestones in a sort of square for some bling1 I really like how this turned out , It is maybe a bit full on and out there but you could wear just one of these as an accent nail!

Thanks for stopping by and reading!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...